Cut. It. Out. (Wood Cut Outs Headed to Lucketts!)

I hope you all heard me saying that title in my very best Uncle Joey with the hand gesture and all.  Because I totally was doing just that.

And I know- it’s Tuesday, and I am posting!  With Lucketts on the horizon I wanted to share as much of what I was taking with me before hand.

Yesterday I shared with you an emerald green and gold midcentury dresser featuring overlays my neighbor cut with his CNC machine.  Today I am going to show you some of the other shapes he cut out for me to paint and take to Lucketts.   Some I made into advertising style signs, and some I left plain.  I’m working on a few more today, so maybe I will have more to share by the end of the week!
All of the below pieces were painted with General Finishes Milk Paint in Lamp Black, Persian Blue, Antique White, and Coastal Blue.  The only one that wasn’t is the gray shark which was leftover wall paint.
After the paint dried, all were distressed with my orbital sander, and some were given a coat of Briwax in Golden Oak for an antiqued finish.

This little guy is one of my favorites.

This navy shark actually belongs to Sawyer….  He came up with the idea for Mr. Travis to cut out a shark, so Travis cut one just for his room.

And I forgot to snap a real photo of this guy, but here’s a phone picture!

These guys will be available at Lucketts this weekend!  Hope to see you there!
Photobucket

Comments

1. says

Adorable Cassie! And I am so excited you will be t Lucketts :) I am going to be there this year.. Maybe we will finally cross paths!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

2. says

Really cute! Hoping to make it to Lucketts someday. I have a friend who recently moved close to there.

(And, I totally knew that was Uncle Joey before I ever read the post. Ha!)

3. says

They are adorable. I’m sad I’ll miss Lucketts this year, but I’m headed to my sister’s wedding in South Carolina. :) I love the whale and the shark especially. I love the Uncle Joey reference..lol

4. says

Are you kidding me!? These are great! I think I need one of those machines! We’re making a quick stop in MD before we go on vacation – I’m hoping I can make it to Lucketts before we leave on Saturday!

5. says

I don’t know what it says about me but I love the shark! This could be one of those, “if you picked the shark, then you are xyz personality, etc”!

6. says

My goodness, how fabulous are those! My favorite has got to be the sea horses and the navy blue shark! I cannot show this post to the beau because he’s been DYING to purchase a CNC machine since forever.

Trackbacks